Thursday, June 17, 2010

Magnolia's Vanilla Buttercream Cupcake recipe

Today I (Annie) tried the Magnolia Bakery's famous Vanilla Buttercream cupcake. I made a batch that was meant to yield about a dozen cupcakes, but I had some extra batter so I made 6 mini cupcakes too.

After some baking hocus pocus here are my fierce cupcakes.





Aren't they soo cute? The cake portion of the mini cupcakes were slightly on the dry side, but the cake of the regular sizes were super moist. The recipe called for 20-25 minutes, but I only baked them for 20 minutes. I think it's better to undercook than overcook. However, the buttercream frosting was excellent. But seriously, how can you go wrong with anything when the main ingredient is butter??

Today was also my first time piping the frosting. Guess who's been teaching me?? YouTube videos! I swear, I learn so much just from watching other bakers on YouTube. It's great...I love it.

So overall, my cupcakes are good, but they're not great. Gotta keep baking!

Come by if you want some cupcakes. I cannot eat them all by myself. Time to hit the gym.

Btw, I am loving that Katy Perry song "California girls".

Annie

1 comment:

  1. Although I have every reason to be bias, this review isn't. Personally these were the best cupcakes I have every had. I'm not a sweets kinda guy, but these were well worth the 500 calories. My recommendation, if Annie offers you cupcakes, TAKE IT!

    ReplyDelete